Finally, a complete electric power steering conversion kit for your Porsche 996! This kit makes it easy to mount the pump AND wire and plumb it. The DES 996 electric power steering conversion uses a customer supplied TRW or Vauxhall Astra electric power steering pump and RSR rack fittings - DES supplies the rest!
Our brackets are made from 304 brushed stainless steel and CNC formed for accuracy. We engineered this bracket to be lightweight but easy and convenient to install. Engineered for perfection and quality, built to last a lifetime. We now keep stock of all products and ship within 1-3 business days. Please reach to us if you are on a time limit.
We only use the highest quality materials including brackets made in the USA with American stainless steel. We also use American suppliers for our hoses and fittings, if available. We reduce the amount of imported components to fewest possible for the highest quality available. We highly recommend having an experienced individual wire and plumb your system. Failure to do so may result in damage to your pump or your car or yourself and DES is not held liable for such events. Please use caution!
If you buy the entire complete package, this includes:
- Four (4) USA made 100R2 hose assemblies with coated steel 6AN ends
- USA made 4 gauge positive battery cable with ends
- Two (2) loose 4 gauge compatible crimp ends (plier friendly for the DIY install)
- Single 80A Bussmann genuine circuit breaker
- A single excite wire premade to length that runs to the hidden cell plug in the center console of the Porsche 996
- DES 996 TRW pump bracket in stainless
- DES circruit breaker bracket in stainless
- DES hardware kit with rivet nuts and bolts
- Conversion fitting to adapt the pump output to 6AN
- Conversion fitting to adapt the pump return to 6AN
Note: Hardware shown in the pictures is during prototyping and initial fitment checks. Actual hardware shipped is a more refined look with flanged M6 bolts. We'll be offering black stainless steel brackets in the near future. If you have our plain stainless brackets and want to convert to all black, just email us and we'll get it started.